So happy to say that I finally made it safe and sound!
This journey was way harder than I imagined it to be. Saying goodbye for three months to loved ones was extremely difficult. Not to mention, I am jumping into the major unknown of culture, people, and LANGUAGE. It is still a crazy thought to me that I will be having to speak Spanish in order to function.
The flight was long; however I am thankful that I made it out and still managed to keep my last leg the same (with just a bit more stops along the way) allowing me to arrive on time. I was in the 4 of 16 people that made it on time, so I am very blessed! I am exhausted as I have only gotten like 5 hours of sleep in the past 50 some hours, so needless to say, it has been a long day lol
God never ceases to amazing me when I am flying - the sky is just so absolutely gorgeous; especially the sunrise and fluffy clouds! He also provided a distraction for me from my emotions by putting 3 other students of the Alicante program on the flight. I was able to talk to them and bond with them right off the bat.
Today was set aside as a rest day, so we just kinda toured the area and went out to eat with the year long students and other newbies like me - that was fun. The town is super cute and very European, gorgeous :] Tomorrow we tour lots more and have the first half of our orientation. We also disperse to housing, so I will meet my Senora! Then Friday is academic day, so we find what our classes are and learn how to go about an average day. Should be exciting :]
I just wish I could take all of you with me - that way I could have fun experiencing everything while sharing it with the people I value most. I truly miss you all.
I will be putting up pictures soon though! Keep an eye out. And be praying for me as I am going to be introduce to my family tomorrow - very very nervous!
Glad you arrived safe. I hope you can get the rest you need. Looking forward to seeing pictures!
ReplyDelete