07 February 2011

First Day of Classes



Left: Spanish flag


So I have been in Alicante for 5 full days now :] And I have to say, it is still surreal. I love everything about it: the trees, the sea, the billions of shops lining every street, the castle, the sun, my apartment & balcony, and the list goes on. I cannot believe that I get to live here for 85 more days!


Above: View of the city

Below: Our beach :]

These past days have been carried away with touring a castle and my new gorgeous campus, walking the streets with friends, shopping, talking with my senora, and keeping in contact with my family, friends, and my love. It seems as though my journey is just starting; however, at the same time, it feels as though I have been away for a long time - still missing everyone a lot!

Below: Castillo de Santa Barbara



Adjusting to living with a person whom I do not know and who only speaks Spanish is a bit different than I expected. My senora works a full-time job, and then also cares for me as well. Needless to say, I think she is exhausted by the end of it all. Because of this, I think it is hard for her to have patience with me as I am learning the language and don't understand everything that she says to me. I pray that God can show me ways that I can love her and show her that I appreciate her; also that I can still see opportunities to learn the language and have more courage to initiate conversations. Please be continuing to pray, as I struggle in my home because of this issue.


On a different note, yes today is my first day of classes! I am excited, nervous, and relaxed all at the same time....could that even make sense?? haha I am excited because I am in SPAIN going to school (who woulda thunk?), and I am starting something new. I also love routine. I am nervous because I am living the unknown with no one I know. And I am relaxed because I absolutely love it here. The campus is so beautiful, the weather is so relaxing, and the people are really friendly. I think that my first day is going to be just fine :]

Below: Entering into my university

Below: Pathway on campus




This week will hold some exciting adventures for sure. Not only do I have school all week, I know that there are a couple activities planned for our program, some touring the city sites and stuff. That should be pretty cool!

I put some pictures up on facebook for everyone to see: http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=278856&id=500132155&l=8c4315d5e4 If you have any problems otherwise let me know! I will be adding more periodically so you can look whenever :]


Lots of love! <3


2 comments:

  1. Wonderful pictures! I hope it gets more comfortable to converse with your hostess.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, Noony, I LOVED this blog. I'm praying my heart out for you. xoxo <3

    ReplyDelete