Here are just a few examples:
~My señora is a cook for her job and she cooks me super delicious food :] She knows what I like and makes them often.
~My señora is so sweet, she does my laundry for me. She makes sure everything that is dirty gets clean; even if I don’t think it is dirty lol (ie. sweatshirt, jacket, etc.)
~My señora also sings to me about my beauty “¡Aniiita, que guaaapa!”
RECENT ADVENTURES
CARNAVAL (March 5th)
Carnaval is a crazy time were hundreds upon hundreds of people dress up into really wacky costumes and horde in the streets. Concerts (3), parades, food carts, venders, and friends and family all mass together filling the area to celebrate the night. They actually close down one of the main streets so there are multitudes of people in every direction you look. It’s quite an interesting experience; it’s like Halloween only multiplied by 10. The costumes are crazy too; very, very creative, unlike back in the States.

I was a butterfly; Mi amiga, Rhianna, was a flower :]

A parade
A NIGHT OF WANDERING ALICANTE
As I have mentioned before, Steph and I love wandering around and stumbling upon cool landmarks/events. Well one night we ran into a few cool things.
Basília de Santa María

A ceremony - we think it was a church graduation program or something

Inside Iglesia de San Nicolas

STEPHANIE'S 21st BIRTHDAY (March 8th)
We went out to dinner at a really delicious Italian restaurant to celebrate my beloved friend’s, Stephanie Bloch, birthday! We then went out with our group of friends and hung out around town :]
CHURCH
I finally got the opportunity to go to church this two weeks ago! The church name is Iglesia Cristo Vive. It was a really cool church and I knew two songs! – Of course they were all in Spanish though – but it was exciting! I’m excited to go back :]
This was them declaring through worship that Spain is living for God: "España para Cristo"
Wonderful to see what you are up to in Spain. I always loved dressing up in costumes as a kid and even as an adult a few times for Halloween. How fun to be able to dress up in an elaborate costume for carnival! So glad you and your Spanish mom have a great relationship.
ReplyDeleteBlessings :)
jen